The Arke

Stranger Things 2: A Binge Watchers Paradise

Tori Ellison, Journalist

***Warning spoilers ahead

Stranger Things, an increasingly popular Netflix original created by the Duffer brothers, has swept across the internet gaining even more fans after the release of the second season. In the early morning, exactly three am E.T., on October twenty-seventh Netflix put out a total of nine new episodes. Each averaging to be about an hour, Stranger Things season two made out to be a perfect show for the casual week-end binge watcher.

This catching sequel followed the boys, Mike, Lucas, Dustin, and Will into one of their most dangerous confrontations with the “Up-Side Down”. New characters such as Maxine (Max for short), Kali, and Bob (played by fan-favourite Sean Astin) brought even more complexity to the already intriguing sci-fi 80’s pop fiction re-creation.

Filled with frequent nostalgic pop culture references, and throw-back music, in addition to the escalating plot Stranger Things season two is not just a repeat of the first season. New antagonists, and new problems, such as Will Beyers essentially being back from the “Up-Side Down” and the “Mind Flayer”, as well as the developing story of Nancy and the new “babysitter” Steve, all contribute to making the following season equal, if not better than, the previous one. From a binge watcher’s perspective, it is worth all nine hours of your time.