The Arke

Homecoming Dance Proposals

Katie Tran, Journalist

Parker Toomey (9th) and Riley McDonald (9th)

It’s the week they’ve all been waiting for. The week students don’t have to wear uniforms. The week where Titan Times compete in student-led activities. The week that ends with a memorable dance. It’s Homecoming week. This year, homecoming is a huge excitement for students. The seniors are crying it’s their last one; juniors and sophomores are prepping, and the freshmen are eager to finally participate. Homecoming is also a time for guys to ask a special girl to be their date to the dance. Recently, clever and cute posters have been made to officially ask girls out.

Parker Toomey (9th) asked Riley McDonald (9th) during youth at Lakeside Church. The sign says, “Can you picture us at hoco?” Surrounding the poster are printed out pictures of the couple. At the final Varsity Volleyball game, Connor Strickland (10th) had asked Chloe Cosby (10th) to the dance. On the poster is a profile describing Chloe – blonde, green eyed, reads lots of books, makes bad jokes, plays volleyball, wears mom jeans, and more. In addition, the two sophomores are on homecoming court together. Tristan Lankford (Cedar Shoals, 10th) and Anna Claire Hong (10th) are attending the dance as a couple also. Anna Claire had asked Tristan in Athens, his hometown. The two were at a pumpkin patch, and Tristan was surprised with his favorite, Haribo gummy bears.

Many unique and creative proposals were given out prior to homecoming. This has paved a great start to many traditions here at Lake Oconee Academy.

Tristan Lankford (Cedar Shoals, 10th) and Anna Claire Hong (10th)

Lauren Eley (9th) and Jack Miller (9th)

Jackson Perry (9th) and Katie Tran (10th)

Emma McCord (12th) and Ryan Smith (10th)

Daryn Minster (10th) and Evan McCord (10th)

Kyle Morse (11th) and Lauren Johnson (10th)

Madison Cantrell (10th) and Will Jackson (10th)

Connor Strickland (10th) and Chloe Cosby (10th)

Blake Beeker (12th) and Zach Tolleson (10th)

Cole Dixon (11th) and Lauren Hatfield (11th)

Grey Morris (12th) and Chandler Pearson (11th)