The Arke

Oh, There’s No Place Like Homecoming

Katie Tran, Assistant Editor

Christmas is right around the corner, but before the students go on Holiday Break, there’s the best week of high school: Homecoming Week! This year’s theme is based off the iconic movie, “The Wizard of Oz.” Starting on December 9th, there will be a plethora of activities for the high school student body to participate in and show off their school spirit.

That Sunday will kick off with a Capture-the-Flag game on LOA Campus from 2-5pm. The next day on Monday, the grade levels will have designated float-work days, in order to finish up their masterpiece for the parade coming up. Then on Tuesday, there’s a Varsity home game at 6pm. Come to the game for a fun time in the student section. Wednesday is another float-work day, and it will be followed by a showing of the “Wizard of Oz” in the LOA Cafeteria at 7pm.

The anticipated Titan Games will be held on Thursday right after school ends, and more float-working will take place too. Students get to end the school week with a Parade and Pep Rally on Friday at 1:30pm. The Homecoming Court winners will be announced onto the floor for all students to see. Finally, the dance will be on Saturday, December 15 from 7-10pm! Come see the Homecoming game against the Taliaferro Jaguars at 2pm before you start to get ready for the dance. This is a great chance to have a fun time with your classmates and be active in school events! We hope to see everyone dressed up for the theme days and working hard to win their class the most points. Go Titans!

Homecoming Spirit Days

Monday: Meme/Vine

Tuesday: Disney vs Pixar

Wednesday: Wizard of Oz

Thursday: Music Genre

Friday: Class Colors (Seniors-royal blue, Juniors-gold, Sophomores-navy blue, Freshmen-white)